The Peat House
Nibthwaite Grange Peat House is a self catering holiday cottage, a mile from the shore of Coniston Water. It is beautifully created from a 17th century peat house, offering guests a high level of comfort with a first impression of warmth and elegance.
If your perfect holiday is to be near to Coniston Water, have fabulous views, walks from your doorstep and a pub nearby, then the Peat House will be for you!
Part of the small hamlet of Nibthwaite, this self catering cottage lies a mile from Coniston Water. Tracks lead from the cottage through woodland and moor, where you can take trails across fell leading to the Grizedale Forest, ending your day with a walk home by Coniston Water. If you fancy a pint in a friendly inn, the Red Lion is a gentle one mile stroll down to nearby Lowick Bridge.
The Peat House has paneled walls and timber floors in soft creams, scattered with richly coloured rugs. Soft lighting spills onto polished dark furniture and a plump sofa and two armchairs are drawn around the roaring log fire. It is equipped with all “Mod Con’s”: A colour TV, Sky, DVD player, free WI-Fi Broadband, a CD Hi-Fi and pay telephone.
The Peat House kitchen area, with all mod cons, is finished with paneled units and a fine table, where with the lights dimmed and a few candles you have the perfect place to wine and dine.
The Peat House has two bedrooms, comfortably furnished with pitched ceilings. The double has an ensuite bathroom and the twin a shower room.
This Property Offers
In the Heart of the Countryside
Nearby to Local Pubs
Large Private Garden
- 1 Double bedroom with en-suite bathroom, overhead shower, basin & WC.
- 1 Twin bedroom with en-suite shower room, basin and adjacent WC
- Duvets – Full linen & towels
- Oil fired central heating; Electricity inclusive, Open fire – Logs inclusive
- Double oven and hob
- Microwave, Refrigerator, Freezer, Dishwasher, Washer-dryer, Coffee cafetiere, Iron & Ironing board
- Colour TV – Free Sat – DVD, Free WI-Fi Broadband, CD-DAB Bluetooth system, Pay telephone
- Garden furniture, Barbecue
- Parking for 2 cars
- Together with nearby Grange Studio party sizes can be extended to accommodate six people.
- Limitations: No pets, No smokers, Guest are advised, bookings will only be accepted from guests bringing their own transport
Nearby Public places and transportion
Train Station: 16.1 miles – Grange-Over-Sands
Bar/ Restaurant: 1.1 miles – The Red Lion